Enforcement fees include the
- scheduled fee,
- processing fee,
- disbursement fee,
- auction fee,
- execution fee, and
- fee for delayed assertion.
The scheduled fee is levied for each payment accumulated on the debtor’s debts. The amount of the fee depends on the amount of the payment (see the schedule at the bottom of the page).
If the debt cannot be collected from the debtor because of lack of means or some other reason, or if the creditor withdraws their application, a processing fee is collected from the creditor in connection with returning the documents. The fee is €10.00 in a regular enforcement matter and €5.00 in a limited enforcement matter. If the creditor has requested that the debt be entered into the passive register, a supplementary processing fee of €10.00 will be charged.
The creditor is liable to pay a disbursement fee for each sum disbursed to them. The fee amounts to 1.45 per cent of the disbursed amount, but no more than €5000.
An auction fee (see the schedule at the bottom of the page) is levied for the auction of distrained real property, registered vessels, registered aircraft, shares in a housing company or real estate company, or mortgageable vehicles or machinery.
The enforcement authority charges an execution fee (see the schedule at the bottom of the page) for evictions, hire-purchase remittances and preventive measures (seizures).
If a creditor fails to assert their pledge claim based on a mortgage in the negotiation between the parties, the creditor is liable to pay a fee for delayed assertion. The fee is equal to double the schedule fee calculated from the amount of the creditor’s claim.
No enforcement fees are levied in the enforcement of, e.g. fines and child maintenance payments. The processing and disbursement fees are not collected from injured parties who have been awarded damages in criminal proceedings. Judicial authorities, tax authorities, prosecutors and pre-trial investigation authorities are exempt from enforcement fees.
The fees are as follows:
Collected receivable or part thereof
- up to €14, scheduled fee €2.50
- over €14 but no more than €27, scheduled fee €5.00
- over €27 but no more than €67, scheduled fee €7.00
- over €67 but no more than €165, scheduled fee €12.00
- over €165 but no more than €335, scheduled fee €27.00
- over €335 but no more than €670, scheduled fee €56.00
- over €670 but no more than €1,680, scheduled fee €84.00
- over €1,680 but no more than €8,400, scheduled fee €134.00
- over €8,400, scheduled fee €210.00
- regular enforcement €10.00
- limited enforcement €5.00
- passive register, supplementary fee €10.00
- 1.45 per cent of the disbursed amount, but no more than €5000 per disbursement (from 1.4.2021)
Of the auction price
- real property €1,100
- shares in housing company etc. €450
- eviction from residence €110
- other eviction €225
Executive assistance and remittance under the Hire-Purchase Act
- object value up to €840, €110
- object value more than €840, €225
- other enforcement €225
Only half of the execution fee will be charged if no actual execution measures have been taken or the applicant sees to the disposal of the evictee’s possessions.
The fee charged for the service of notice by an enforcement officer is the same as for a process server, i.e. €85.